Education and Training
MEDII will provide education and training for new, aspiring, and established minority businesses, their owners, and minority consumers. MEDII will assist minority business owners and consumers in seeking, understanding, and collaborating with an increasingly diverse and changing set of potential competitors, colleagues, partners, customers, suppliers, and government leaders. MEDII will assist minority businesses and consumers in assessing and developing appropriate strategies for the economic, technological, legal and regulatory, competitive, and socio-cultural changes in their environments.
MEDII will help MBEs improve the philosophy, policies, procedures, and practices related to managing people and their other assets including the process of linking resources, programs and services existing within the community.
- Develop and implement economic initiatives designed to educate and empower minority youth.
- Organize economic mentor/program initiatives for minority youth and minority businesses.
- Promote a positive community environment for increasing inclusiveness of minorities in economic development in the Upstate.
- Facilitate and promote educational opportunities relative to asset building and wealth creation for minority citizens.
Research, Policy, and Advocacy
MEDII will function as a creator, disseminator, and repository for economic data and information regarding minority business and consumers, filling in the gaps in our knowledge base. MEDII will use this data to advocate for minority businesses and consumers a the state and local levels by collecting and analyzing data that will assist policy-makers in knowing and understanding the information vital to legislation that promotes the development and utilization of minority owned businesses.
- Function as a repository of economic research, data and information relative to the economic impact of minority consumers.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate minority economic data that is vital to developing effective public policy.
- Utilize economic data to inform and empower minority consumers and business owners.
MEDII will assist minority business enterprises (MBEs) in identifying, clarification, and certification of business opportunities. MEDII will assist and document the capacity of MBEs including experience, financial status, bonding and licensing issues.
MEDII will assist in the development and growth of MBEs through technical assistance in the management of human and non-human resources beginning with long- and short-term planning, strategy development and implementation, cash flow analysis, marketing research, planning, and implementation, the management and application of technical resources, certification, and legal regulatory processes.